Ways to Use Multifunctional Furniture for Small Spaces
When you live in an apartment, space is everything. You need to be efficient in the ways that you use your space. Be diligent about only having the things that you use every day within arms reach. You can still keep important things that you don’t necessarily use on a daily basis by finding creative ways to store them. Multifunctional furniture can take your small closet space and double or triple it instantly. You can keep more of what you love, and have an open living space, too. Here are some of the best ways to use multifunctional furniture for small spaces:
- Nesting Tables: Nesting tables are simple and effective storage tables that look great when not in use. You can pull out the tables when you need them, and stack them together when they aren’t in use to keep the floor space open. The other benefit is that they are cost effective. There are many different colors, materials, and styles that you can choose from. Have it as an end table, and pull out more tables for entertaining.
- Italian Lift Bed: We are familiar with the beds that have side drawers. This goes a step further and lifts the entire mattress at the foot of the bed for even more storage. You can easily access everything you need without crouching down on the floor. Store your winter clothes, blankets, keepsakes, and more in a safe and secure location.
- Fold Out Kitchen Table: Living in an apartment, you may not always have room for a full sized kitchen table complete with chairs. It’s much more economical to have a half sized table that hinges at the wall. You can store it up against the wall when it’s not in use, and pull it out when it’s dinner time. Pair it with stacking chairs to keep in the corner when you aren’t eating, or you can use other chairs around the apartment to relocate to the table.
- Ottoman with Storage: One of the simple comforts of home is propping up your feet during a show. Have your stylish ottoman, but get one with the functionality of extra storage space. Keep board games, pillows, or blankets in the ottoman tucked out of the way. Keep clutter down and keep your living room nicely organized at the same time.
- Lift Top Coffee Table with Storage: If you don’t have space for a formal kitchen table, this is the next best thing. It’s great for young couples who like to share dinner and a movie together. The coffee table top lifts up to a comfortable table position to eat from. Most also have an added cubby underneath the lifted top to store papers, books, magazines, and more. It’s one of the most functional and space saving pieces of furniture you can have in your living room. Plus, there are lots of great designs out there to match any decor.
Manufacturers have been more and more creative with the way that furniture fits into our lives. With more people being attracted to a minimalist lifestyle, these multifunctional pieces have become very popular. They come in a wide range of styles, fabrics, and patterns to add extra flair to your current design.