The Very Best Board Games
Even with the popularity of video games and apps, board games continue to be popular with more and more trying to make their way into your home each year. They’re a great way to spend time with family and friends, and it seems that game nights have even made their way into pubs and bars as a means of attracting customers.
If you’re looking to add some board games to your collection, there are tons to choose from. You have strategy games, games of chance, and much more. Here’s a list of some of the best around!
- Scrabble: This classic game will have you showing off your massive vocabulary as you try to beat your opponent and spell words to obtain as many points as possible.
- Risk: If you want to achieve world domination, then Risk is the game for you. It will have you using various strategies as you try to invade and conquer areas controlled by your enemies.
- Battleship: The famous words, “You sunk my battleship,” have been said for a long time as this game was actually created sometime during the 1930s.
- Catan: Catan is one of the newer games on the list as it was created in the 1990s by a German designer. It’s designed to be played with three to four players and will have you creating civilizations in hopes of winning. And a definite plus is that it’s played in about 60 minutes.
- Monopoly: Monopoly now comes in many editions from Star Wars to Friends, but the classic board game is where it all began. Players will spend their time buying, selling, and trading properties as a means to rake in the cash and become the winner.
- Trivial Pursuit: Do you know a lot about the areas of geography, history, art and literature, entertainment, science and nature, and sports and leisure? Then you probably love showing off your knowledge and playing Trivial Pursuit. There are now lots of editions available that are based on specific subject areas, such as Harry Potter, too!
- Operation: Who didn’t love this game as a child? It’s so much fun to try and remove Cavity Sam’s ailments – and not hear the dreaded buzzer!
- Sorry!: Try to get all of your pawns ”home” before your competition – and have some fun sending the other players back several steps – or even all the way back to the start.
- Chutes and Ladders: This is another classic kids game that has you racing to the finish line. Sometimes the ladders help you get to the end, and sometimes the chutes send you sliding back.
- Qwirkle: Qwirkle is an excellent strategy game that’s good for almost all ages. It’s easy to learn yet extremely challenging.
- Clue: Miss Scarlett did it with a candlestick in the library. If you read this and laughed, you’ve probably played this detective game many times, and it’s still lots of fun.
- Scattergories: With Scattergories, you create a list of items for a certain category while your fellow players do the same. But, you only receive points for the items you don’t have in common. It’s a fast-paced game that’s lots of fun.
- Other games you might check out are:
- Connect 4
- Candy Land
- Ticket to Ride
What’s your favorite board game? Did it make this list? Why not spend some time playing a game with the kids or invite some friends over for a game night? You’ll have fun competing, conversing, and vying to be the champion!