The Best Romantic Getaways Around the World
If you are searching for a romantic destination to visit, there is no shortage of them, that’s for sure. You can stay here in the U.S. and find plenty of places that will have you and your special someone enjoying some time together, or you can grab your passports and head someplace you’ve always dreamed of
If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed as you look at all of the amazing destinations you could go to, take a look at these romantic places. You may find a new favorite vacation spot!
- Koh Samui, Thailand: Phuket may be one of Thailand’s most famous cities, but don’t be afraid to explore other parts of Thailand. Koh Samui is the second-largest island in Thailand and has fabulous beaches, mountains, and lots of gorgeous resorts. While most people head to Koh Samui to enjoy the beaches, there are lots of fantastic things to see there, too. You can visit the Big Buddha, Hin Ta Hin Yai (Grandfather and Grandmother Rocks), Fishermans Village, and several different waterfalls.
- New Orleans: New Orleans is synonymous with Mardi Gras here in the United States, but don’t dismiss its potential for a romantic getaway. Carriage rides, steamboat cruises, streetcars, and jazz clubs all help to make this a city for romance. Plus, there are plenty of romantic hotels and bed and breakfasts where you can stay. And, if you’re looking to book a candlelit dinner for two – you’ll have lots of options.
- Maldives: With white sands and crystal blue water, and many resorts that boast of gorgeous rooms directly over the water, the Maldives has to be a top romantic destination for many. Keep in mind that the Maldives is made up of over 1000 small islands, and lots of resorts have their very own island – so choose wisely. You can always book a cruise to hop from island to island and see what the areas around your resort have to offer if you find yourself getting restless.
- Napa Valley: If you and your partner are wine lovers and want to stay here in the U.S. on your next vacation, then book a trip to the Napa Valley. In addition to taking some fabulous tours of local vineyards and sampling some delicious wines, you can go hot air ballooning, enjoy beautiful spas, or dine at some highly rated restaurants.
- Bora Bora: Bora Bora is a small island located in the South Pacific. It is part of French Polynesia and located northwest of Tahiti. The beaches are incredible, and you’ll love snorkeling in the blue waters. The weather is warm year-round here, but be careful of the low season (December to March) when there can be considerably more rain.
- Woodstock, Vermont: Woodstock, Vermont may not immediately come to mind when you think of romance, but you should check it out. It has all the charm and character you’d expect from a small New England town and some gorgeous scenery. There’s not a bad time of year to visit this little town.
- Bali, Indonesia: Bali is a beautiful destination full of temples and beaches and romantic resorts. You’ll love exploring this beautiful area of Indonesia as it has so much to offer. You can visit local artisans, huge volcanoes, or spend lazy days on the beach.
Has one of these romantic destinations caught your eye? Or do you have another place in mind? No matter where you choose to go, enjoy all that your destination has to offer you and your loved one.