You know the name but did you know that IKEA was founded in 1943 by Ingvar Kamprad? And, it’s grown from a small business in Sweden to a large world-wide retailer of furniture, household items, and, of course, Swedish meatballs. With hundreds of stores, thousands of items, and those confusing Swedish names, you may find the world of IKEA a bit overwhelming, but don’t let that stop you from shopping for some of their awesome products.
- Sundvik Crib: If you are starting a family and in need of a crib, look no further than IKEA. Because babies will soon outgrow their cribs, it’s nice to find one that is simple in design and won’t cost you an arm and a leg. The Sundvik Crib is just that! At $139, it’s not extremely expensive and comes in white or black-brown. (A good alternative to this crib is the Gulliver Crib, listed at $99.)
- Area Rugs: Area rugs are always a great way to change up the look of a room – especially when living in an apartment where changing all of your flooring isn’t an option. With hundreds to choose from online and prices that are reasonable, you will wonder why you’ve shopped anywhere else for rugs.
- Poäng Armchair: While IKEA furniture may be best known for the fact that it’s often “some assembly required” – you should not dismiss its clean lines and design. The Poäng armchair is one of those items that is simple in design but works well with a wide variety of home decor and comes in several colors.
- Duvet Covers: Duvets and comforters can be fairly difficult (and expensive to clean), which is what makes a duvet cover a necessity. A duvet cover slides over your duvet or comforter and can be washed or changed easily. IKEA has over 100 duvet covers to choose from in many colors and styles.
- Råskog Utility Cart: Are you always looking for creative storage ideas? Then the Råskog utility cart could be just what you need. Whether you use it in the kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom, this utility cart has three tiers of open storage, which allows for easy access. And it comes in three colors – blue, black, and white.
- Majgull Blackout Curtains: If you are searching for ways to improve your sleep at night, blackout curtains can help. The Majgull blackout curtains from IKEA are affordable and do an excellent job of blocking out the light so you can sleep well.
- Ribba Picture Frames: You can never have enough picture frames. Whether you need them for framing photographs, children’s artwork, posters, or your own original pieces, the Ribba picture frames can help. They come in several sizes, and you can choose from black or white.
- Shelving: Shelving is another item that people are often looking for, and IKEA has tons of it. You can choose from various styles and use them in many ways throughout your home.
- Trash Cans: There’s probably not a room in your home that doesn’t have a trash can. IKEA has trash cans in an assortment of sizes and colors, which means you can find one that will work no matter what room you’re shopping for.
- Side Tables: If you don’t have a lot of money to spend on side tables, shop at IKEA. From the simple Lack side table to the Malmsta side table to the Liatorp, you have plenty of choices.
Are you a fan of IKEA? Do you own any of these must-haves? If not these things, what do you love from IKEA? IKEA is constantly adding new things to their lineup – so there may be some new must-haves soon!