Cook Dinner for Mom This Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is quickly approaching! Have you thought about how you’re going to celebrate your mom on this special day? Did you find her the perfect present?
This year, why not make her dinner at home! Here are some fantastic recipes that mom is sure to love – and you will, too!
- Spring Pea Carbonara: If you want a delicious dish with a touch of spring, try this Spring Pea Carbonara. It’s full of flavor from the pancetta (or bacon), garlic, and peas, but not overly heavy like some pasta dishes. And, while the recipe suggests you make your own pasta, you can grab some fresh pasta from the refrigerator section at your favorite grocery store and it will be perfect.
- Herbed Mojo Steak and Crispy Potatoes: Even moms love a good steak and potato dinner, and this one will knock her socks off. The herby-citrus sauce is a nice addition to the steak, and the roasted potatoes and onions are a wonderful side dish. Be sure to see what the butcher has available for strip steaks, and if mom isn’t a fan of strip steaks – pick up her favorite cut of beef.
- Baked Salmon, Sweet Candy Onions, and Brown Sugar Mandarin Glaze: This dish will look and taste as if it came from a restaurant, but it’s super easy and is prepared all on one sheet pan. The glaze is delicious and provides just the right hint of sweetness. You can serve it with some rice and a nice salad for a complete meal.
- Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu: Chicken Cordon Bleu is a classic French dish that might seem fancy and complicated. But this recipe is extremely easy and will still give you all of the flavors of the more complicated version. And don’t even think to skip the Parmesan-Dijon Cream Sauce – it makes the dish!
- Balsamic Roast Pork Tenderloins: This roast pork tenderloin only requires a few ingredients and makes for a delicious dinner, and it cooks really quickly. You’ll need to come up with a side dish or two, but potatoes and asparagus are always great options.
- Quiche: Quiche may be the best dish to make for Mother’s Day as you could serve it for any meal from breakfast to dinner. Sally’s Baking Addiction shares with you the basics of a great quiche, and then you can customize it to add your mom’s favorite ingredients.
- Italian Herb Bruschetta Chicken: This is a fabulous dish! All the flavors of Italy combined to create a chicken dish like no other. You can easily boil up some pasta, make a salad, and pick up a loaf of bread from the local bakery to round out the meal.
- No-Bake Blackberry Cheesecake: Mother’s Day won’t be complete without dessert. These No-Bake Blackberry Cheesecake parfaits are a fantastic way to end the meal. Get the kids to help with these!
- Easy Oreo Truffles: If you want a family-friendly dessert that everyone will love, then you need to make these Easy Oreo Truffles. They’re another no-bake dessert, and if Mom is a fan of chocolate – then she’ll be a fan of these.
- Ice Cream Cupcakes: If the weather looks like it’s going to be a bit warmer, why not serve ice cream? You can pick up Mom’s favorite ice cream at the store and make these cute desserts.
This Mother’s Day, you can really surprise your mom by cooking her dinner at home. These dishes will please her palette, and she’ll be impressed by your thoughtfulness.