8 Rotisserie Chicken Recipes Perfect for Summer
With warmer weather here it may mean that you’re looking for easy meals that require limited cooking for the summer. Who can blame you? Turning on your oven during the summer months just heats up your apartment and leaves you less time to spend outside.
But delicious dinners aren’t out of the question when you pick up a rotisserie chicken. Rotisserie chickens can make your summer meals quick and easy. Available at most grocery stores or warehouse discount stores, a rotisserie chicken is packed with flavor and can be used as the base for a lot of wonderful summertime dishes. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- Chicken Croissant Sandwiches: Chicken sandwiches are perfect for the summertime (and make for great lunch leftovers). This recipe incorporates apples and mandarin oranges for some sweetness and some sunflower kernels for a bit of crunch. Kids and adults will love these sandwiches!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup: You may not think about fixing soup during the summer months, but if you’ve got your air conditioning going – it can be a really fresh and light dish for the summer. The great thing about this soup is you can make it in your slow cooker – and it will be ready for you when you get home!
- Pulled Chicken Sandwiches: This recipe has you making a homemade North Carolina barbecue sauce on the stovetop to go with your pulled chicken, but if you have a favorite barbecue sauce, you could easily just use that. The coleslaw on top adds some tanginess and a bit of crunch!
- Crunchy Vietnamese Chicken Salad: The homemade dressing makes this salad stand apart from other salads. It’s full of vinegar with a bit of spice from the serrano pepper. Yes, it asks you to fry off some shallots, but if you want to bypass that step, look for fried shallots or crispy onions in your produce area (with the croutons and other salad toppings).
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa: Are you a fan of tacos? Do you love a quick homemade salsa? And how about some guacamole? This recipe has it all – and is delicious! If you bring your chicken home and it’s still warm, you can even avoid heating it up in the oven – and dinner will be ready quickly!
- Creamy Chicken and Pasta Salad: This recipe has you cooking off some pasta on the stovetop, but if you have some extra pasta cooked off from a previous dinner, it will make your meal preparation even quicker. The fresh herbs really add some brightness to this dish and the Greek yogurt prevents it from becoming calorie-filled. Great as a main course or a side dish!
- Chicken Summer Rolls: These chicken summer rolls are filled with healthy foods that are perfect for summer. The dipping sauce is delicious, and this is another meal that is worth having leftovers for lunch the next day. Get the kids involved in the assembly of this meal! They’ll love learning to put together their dinner!
- Avocado Chicken Salad: Another delicious chicken salad recipe is this one! With avocado, salsa, and fresh lime juice, you’ll love how refreshing this salad is. And if you don’t want to serve this as a sandwich, grab some tortilla chips and just start scooping!
If you want yummy summer meals that don’t involve your oven or lots of work – pick up a rotisserie chicken (or two)! Rotisserie chickens are usually inexpensive and make for easy and delicious dinners!