10 First Date Ideas
You’ve probably heard the phrase, “First impressions are important.” It’s used in lots of situations. When you go for a job interview. When you meet your in-laws for the first time. Or, how about when you go out on a first date?
A first date definitely requires a great first impression. One way to make that happen is to plan an excellent outing. And, while a night at the movies is good – here are a few ideas that might be even better!
- Progressive Dinner: Dinner out is a classic date idea, and you probably know a great restaurant to take your date. But if you want to kick it up a notch – then do a progressive dinner. Have drinks and an appetizer at one restaurant. Then move to another restaurant for your main course – maybe your favorite date night spot. And then finish the date with dessert at someplace different.
- Play a Round of Miniature Golf: A good first date allows for some conversation and, hopefully, some fun – so why not head to the miniature golf course? You’ll have plenty of opportunities to talk with each other, and you can always place a fun bet like the winner gets to choose where to have dinner!
- Take a Cooking Class: This is another great alternative to the traditional dinner date. With a cooking class, you’ll get to learn how to cook some new things and enjoy what you’ve prepared. And if the date goes well, you can always get together again to replicate the meal.
- Volunteer Together: There are lots of local organizations that are always looking for volunteers. Food pantries, soup kitchens, and animal shelters love extra help when they can get it. What better way to get to know your date than volunteering together. It’s sure to stimulate great conversation, and you’ll quickly learn if you have common interests.
- Attend Trivia Night: You might look for a local pub or restaurant that’s having trivia night – and get your competition on!
- Go Horseback Riding: Horseback riding is a great way to spend time outdoors and still have the opportunity to chat with your date. Most stables supply a guide and will teach you all you need to know if you’ve never been before.
- Head to a Winery: Check out your local wineries and see if they offer tours and tastings. You can learn all about the local wines and enjoy sampling some different varieties together.
- Go to a Planetarium: When’s the last time you went to a planetarium? If it’s been a while, you should check it out. They offer great shows, often with music, and what could be more romantic than looking at the stars together?
- Play at the Arcade: This is another fun one! Ms. Pac Man and Galaga await you! Or perhaps a game of laser tag depending on the arcade!
- Stroll Through a Festival: If you do some investigating, you can probably find a festival to attend on any given weekend – so why not go check one out? There’s usually music, food, and fun activities – so it’s got everything a first date needs all in one spot.
First dates don’t have to be extremely complicated or fancy in order to make a great first impression. Use one of these ideas to show your date that you’re creative and full of good ideas!